May is Better Hearing Month and a good reminder to have your hearing checked to make sure you're not missing out on life's precious moments.
Here are some common signs that you or someone you know may be experiencing hearing loss:
- Difficulty understanding speech in noisy environments (e.g. restaurants, cars)
- Complaining that people seem to "mumble" all of the time
- Responding to questions inappropriately
- Asking family, friends, or colleagues to repeat themselves often
- Having trouble hearing people who are in another room or not directly facing you
- Having trouble following phone conversations
- People complaining that your TV is turned up too loud
- Experiencing a ringing, buzzing or hissing sound in your ears
Do any of these sound familiar? If so, please don't hesitate to contact us or an audiologist you trust to schedule a screening and learn more. Hearing impairment can drastically decrease your quality of life, or the quality of life of someone that you care about.
If you're not sure whether to make that first call, you can complete our questionnaire, and we can contact you instead.
For more information about the different types of hearing loss, visit the Hearing Information pages of our web site.